CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Update - or maybe not...

I've been told I need to do another post on Jax so the toothless pic isn't what is showing up to connect to his blog, so here ya go...

We have nothing else to report about his tooth, we can't see it at all and the swelling has gone done so we had chalked it up to being knocked OUT, but then a friend told us on Wed night about a little girl who had "knocked out" all 4 of her front teeth and 3 months later they all came down all at once, so who knows maybe the tooth is up there somewhere and will choose to come down later.

I know some of you are asking, "Why don't you just take him to the dentist and get an x-ray and then you'll know?" Well, that is exactly what I keep thinking I want to do, but then realize, what am I going to do if I know. Every medical professional we know says if it is up there then we will just have to wait for it to come down, the dentist won't pull it down that would cause nerve damage or add to nerve damage that he might already have. And if it is knocked out there is no way to put a spacer, bridge, etc... in his mouth when he has not get gotten the baby tooth beside it.

He has a doc appt in a couple weeks for his 1 year check up and we will see what his doc thinks, but if he has the same opinion we will probably wait at least a few months to see a dentist and put our little guy through that torture (no offense to any dentists, but oh, I hate to go!).

In other news Jaxon's injuries have not slowed him down, last night I laid him on our bed to change his diaper, he rolled over laughed and tried to run off while I was snaping his onesie. After I got it snaped he turned looked at me an laughed as her ran straight across to the other side of the bed. It was so fast, but in slow motion for me, I yelled, "NOOOOO" as he ran STRAIGHT off the side of the bed. It almost looked like a cartoon or something, there was no pause or step down, he just ran like the bed went on forever and crashed to the floor. He cried and I picked him up, no broken bones, blood or missing teeth this time and it sure didn't slow him down keeping up with K at Chuck E Cheese last night!

I'm starting to have the feeling bumps and bruises will always be many on our little "tough guy"!

2 comments:

Devion said...

My pediatrician said that he worries about little boys that come in with no bumps or bruises, because he thinks that either their mom is overprotective or their lazy little boys! :) He was joking, of course, some boys aren't rough and tumbly, but apparently our two certainly are (though we've had no major incidents like the teeth--OUCH!)!

GGma said...

Sounds like you need to keep the video camera on him at ALL times. That would have been a good one for FHV. I can just hear you yelling Noooooo! ;-)